Before you fill out our adoption form, here are some things you need to know:
- Purina Kitten Chow (up to 6 months) or Purina Complete (over 6 months)
- Feed according to instructions on bag. Do not leave food out day and night.
- Feed this food until kitty is comfortable in new environment before trying other quality brands (no foods with dyes.)
- Mix with Purina then gradually add more of the new food.
- Check bag or ask vet for more information about changing food.
- Always have water available.
- We feed one HEAPING tablespoon of Friskies Pate wet food with a touch of water as a treat. Kittens under 6 months will need two servings of wet food daily.
- Boutique wet food may not be as nutritious or as well-researched as Friskies.
- Kitties need a period of adjustment when brought into a new home.
- A cat who is relaxed at our facility may be nervous in new surroundings. This is normal.
- Place cat in a separate room with food, water, and a litter box (clumping litter.)
- Visit with treats, toys, and let the cat come to you.
- Do not pull the kitty out of hiding places under beds or couches as this will scare them more.
- Leave the carrier or a small empty box to give them shelter.
- As the kitty learns to trust you, gradually open up more parts of your home and family.
- All cats are different. Establishing trust may take days or weeks.
- This will allow a better relationship with your new kitty.
- Your cat will come with paper records of distemper and rabies vaccinations, worming, neutering/spaying, FIV/FELV (feline aids and leukemia) tests and microchipping.
- FIV/FELV often tested after 6 months but we test before so younger kittens may be adopted.
- Please let your vet know we will be calling them.
- Keep records safe and bring them with you to your first vet appointment, within the first few months of adoption.
- Rabies shots are mandated by Pennsylvania State law.
- Establish a vaccination and annual check-up schedule with your vet as per our agreement.
- Cats adopted from us MAY NOT BE DECLAWED. Declawing is outlawed in some states due to cruelty.
- The cat MUST BE RETURNED TO US if there are any problems. It cannot be rehomed or given to another rescue.
- We require a text or email video of your home from main door, inside to main living area.
- We like to see storm doors, etc. to prevent kitty from getting outside.
- Please indicate area kitty will be initally acclimated in.
- We reserve the right to visit your home whether or not video is supplied.
- Kittens: $95
- Adult cats: $65
- Preferred payment methods: Check, cash, or Venmo